June has been a positive month across the UK & Europe. With the green light given to many of our European friends in advance for theme parks to start reopening and the UK being able to do so from the 4th July. Many other activities have already been able to find safe and new ways to operate and others are getting ready to start welcoming back shortly. Whilst there is much good news, sad news has been announced from businesses who have struggled more than others during the pandemic.
Thrill Monthly is a monthly article which will highlight the major news and updates happening throughout the UK and European countries. We will share our best photos and experiences each month alongside sharing any reviews and future reviews expected to be upcoming from us in the following month! Whilst we try to cover as much as possible, some news and information will at times not be included within the article and this is down to our discretion.
News & Updates
UK Theme Parks
- Theme Parks within the UK can reopen from July 4th after reduced lockdown measures are introduced.
- Alton Towers & Warwick Castle opened the gardens during June.
- Zoos reopened from June 15th after campaign by Chester Zoo.
- Wicksteed entered administration before 100th anniversary next year.
- Thorpe Park delays Black Mirror until 2021 & release a new online shop.
- Blackpool Pleasure Beach extend season with Winter Weekends until 13th December.
- M&Ds Scotland plan to reopen with new management after being in administration.
- Multiple UK parks are unable to open select rides due to social distancing.
- Picsolve has been bought out and will now continue to operate.
- Blade will return to Alton Towers in the 2021 season.
- Waterparks & swimming pools still unable to open within the UK.
- Living Coast visitor attraction will not reopen.
- Permanent zip wire attraction by Zip World to open in Liverpool summer 2021.
- clueQuest to release Episode 3 of Print, Cut, Escape shortly in July.
- Walsall Scare Maze share theme as Bunker 41 as theme for Halloween 2020.
- Permanent scare attractions such as Pasaje del terror unable to open at present.
- Tayto Park to reopen June 29th.
- Tayto Park to have 2 new coasters in 2023.
- Disneyland Paris to phase reopening from July 15th.
- Rulantica at Europa Park reopened on 10th June along with planned expansion in 2021.
- Europa Park Pirates of batavia to open June 28th.
- Tripsdrill 2 new coasters to open June 26th.
- Phantasialand hotel opens new entrance to park from Hotel Matamba.
Top Thrills Of The Month
Well June flew by with the last month of the full lockdown and super looking forward to getting back to the new normal. We were lucky to test run the new socially distanced outside game by Agent November which was interesting & super enjoyable. Additional to this, we got to try the hardest online multi media escape game by Deadlocked Escape Games, taking us over 6 hours! Next month I’ll be looking forward to getting back to Thorpe Park, Alton Towers, Chessington World of Adventures amongst much more!
It’s great to hear the hospitality industry opening again from the 4th July! I’ve been to monks walk again to see Thorpe Park, had a stroll through the Alton Towers gardens, met the cheeky apes and roarsome lions at Chessington & went back in time and explored the ground of Warwick Castle. It was nice getting out to do these things and I can’t personally wait for parks to open again!
Reviews & top articles for june
More REVIEWS & news
Puzzlepunks is an online branch of a physical escape room company based in Croatia who have...
Whilst lockdown and Covid-19 is about and we were still waiting for the world to open back up for...
A beer festival is coming to Thorpe Park resort on selected dates in September and October...An...
The first permanent Urban Zip Wire attraction in Europe is set to open in Liverpool...Zip World is...
A multi-media play at home escape room experience including several hours of fun, puzzles and...
Paultons Park prepares for re-opening on Saturday 4th July with enhanced guest...
Thrillnation.net is your ultimate resource for unbiased reviews of thrilling attractions across Europe. You'll find us covering theme parks, escape rooms, water parks and more.
For all of our latest news and up-to-date goings on, make sure you follow us on our social media channels!
WORK WITH US
We can offer a variety of different services from sponsored reviews to video content creation. Get in touch to discuss working with us.
Website lovingly created and managed by INOV8 Marketing