The doors to many of their attractions may be temporarily closed but Merlin teams from all over the world have been working hard to bring a touch of ‘Merlin Magic’ to families at home.
Merlin Entertainments, a global leader in location-based entertainment,has created an A-Z of activities and entertainment for families in lockdown this Easter with a range of videos, educational packs and live Facebook streaming all taking place. With many of their attractions and resorts temporarily closed, Merlin staff who are working from home, caring for animals or looking after critical maintenance have pulled together to help build a range of fun activities and videos to entertain families over the Easter holiday period.
Activities range from a special ‘History Unlocked’ series at 1000-year old Warwick Castle, live LEGO build lessons from the Master Model Builders at LEGOLAND Parks and LEGOLAND Discovery Centres, live feeding and Q&A’s with a range of SEA LIFE Aquarists from around the world, a five-minute masterclass on how to build a theme park and even a live feed from the Beluga care team working in the world’s first Whale Sanctuary in Iceland.
Mark Fisher, Chief Development Officer at Merlin Entertainments said:
“Merlin’s DNA is about delivering fun and entertainment to families. Just because, sadly, the physical doors to our attractions are shut this will not stop us from offering families amazing, memorable experiences. Only this Easter, we are finding creative ways to deliver that fun and learning in the
comfort of their own front rooms! Our Making Magic with Merlin content has a dedicated YouTube and Facebook page which enables families to see a huge variety of content from across our resorts and attractions around the world. Whilst we are looking forward to when we can reopen and welcome
families back to spend quality time together again, hopefully this Easter content will bring some well needed smiles and fun to families in these exceptionally hard circumstances.”
The A – Z Guide
- A is for – Animal Life Cycle worksheets inspired by awesome animals at our WILD LIFE Sydney Zoo and SEA LIFE Aquariums in Australia
- B is for – Brickfactor! The competition to become a LEGO Master Model Builder, the coolest job in the world
- C is for – Create your own thrilling LEGO theme park in just 5 minutes!
- D is for – Dream job diving! Meet Jesse, SEA LIFE Melbourne’s Lead Diver
- E is for – An Egg-cellent LEGO egg build lesson with a real life LEGO Master Builder!
- F is for – Frog! Take the leap and build your own LEGO frog with help from a LEGO expert
- G is for – Great Barrier Reef exhibit morning meditation. And … relax
- H is for – Helping our coral reefs with SEA LIFE Aquarists in Curacao
- I is for – Interactive! Families can get involved and ask questions about fascinating creatures with our global live streams. Our attractions in Australia have this handy timetable so you never miss out!
- J is for – Jelly lab! Go behind the scenes at SEA LIFE Melbourne in a tour led by … a Jellyfish Mermaid of course!
- K is for – King penguin chicks live at SEA LIFE Melbourne – could anything be cuter?
- L is for – Little Grey and Little White! Learn all about Beluga enrichment live in Iceland from the Beluga Whale Sanctuary
- M is for – a Minifigure view of a LEGO New York Miniland. Epic!
- N is for – NINJAGO! Take part in a LEGO NINJAGO inspired build challenge with our LEGOLAND California Master Model Builder
- O is for – Ozzy and Ola the UK’s first sea otters, looked after by a team of Otterologists at National SEA LIFE Centre Birmingham
- P is for – Puffins!! Check out this adorable live stream Q & A at the Beluga Whale Sanctuary puffin rescue centre
- Q is for – Quokka! No we haven’t made that up, it’s a marsupial at Wild Life Sydney Zoo! Learn all about it in this live stream
- R is for – Rollercoasters! Get your fix with the BIG SEVEN from Alton Towers Resort
- S is for – Scares! Madame Tussauds have picked their favourite, hilarious celebrity scare pranks from the cast of Stranger Things to Hulk Hogan
- T is for – Tower Ballroom talent! Watch this beautiful video of the talented piano player from the Blackpool Tower Ballroom
- U if for – Unlocking history with Warwick Castle’s free online resource. Learn how to attack a castle and then take a quiz
- V if for – Valley! Down in DUPLO Valley there is a very special bedtime story being told…
- W is for – Warwick Castle’s peaceful tranquillity and stunning grounds. Zen out.
- X is for – X marks the spot! Merlin Annual Pass UK has some fun suggestions to help keep kids entertained this Easter, from a pop badge treasure hunt to picture painting
- Y is for – YouTube! The new Making Magic with Merlin YouTube channel is full of fun content for families from Merlin attractions around the world
- Z if for – Zoo! The keepers are Chessington World of Adventures Resort are still hard at work looking after the animals in their care, from gorillas to tigers
More REVIEWS & news
In a world of cancelled events and closures, it’s really promising & exciting news that...
Thorpe Park’s events calendar has been changing a lot recently, we take a look at the latest...
Intamin, a well known name in the amusement industry have released four videos to their YouTube...
clueQuest release the final episode in the trilogy with episode 3, otherwise called Humanity 2.0....
The Alton Towers Dungeon, an indoor, actor-led scare attraction experience, did not reopen with...
Agent November has returned to the real world and requires your help to stop Robyn Yew. After...
Thrillnation.net is your ultimate resource for unbiased reviews of thrilling attractions across Europe. You'll find us covering theme parks, escape rooms, water parks and more.
For all of our latest news and up-to-date goings on, make sure you follow us on our social media channels!
WORK WITH US
We can offer a variety of different services from sponsored reviews to video content creation. Get in touch to discuss working with us.
Website lovingly created and managed by INOV8 Marketing